Free School Meals
Free school meal vouchers to spend? Struggling for meal inspiration with the kids at home at the moment? Check out these meal plans, shopping lists and suggestions to stretch those vouchers with some simple lunch ideas.
Applying for Free School Meals
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, please click the link below to complete an application…
At Kingswood we try to encourage all families entitled to Free School Meals to take up their entitlement. This is for three reasons:
- If a student is entitled, it is clearly in the family's interest. Free School Meals are worth £2.70 per day, or £513 per child per year.
- We operate a cashless catering system that enables children to have their account credited without any other student knowing.
- As a school we encourage all families who are entitled to Free School Meals to claim them.
If you receive any of the following benefits then your child will be entitled:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit - Income Dependant
If a child resides in a local authority care home they will not qualify for free school meals. This is because the government funding has already been allocated to fund their meals.
A child must reside with the applicant to receive free school meals.
To apply for free school meals click on the link below:
NCC Information Sheet:
If you have a query regarding Free School Meals, please call Northamptonshire County Council's Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 1000.