Free School Meals
Free School Meal vouchers for the period from 11th Jan to 22nd Jan have been received from the Trust and were emailed out to families on 18th January.
Vouchers from Monday 25th January until the February half term will be provided from DfE through their Edenred system have been ordered and will be distributed via email on Wed 27th January. The email will be directly from the DfE/EdenRed so please ensure you check your inbox and spam/junk just in case.
Free school meal vouchers to spend? Struggling for meal inspiration with the kids at home at the moment? Check out these meal plans, shopping lists and suggestions to stretch those vouchers with some simple lunch ideas.
Applying for Free School Meals
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, please click the link below to complete an application…
At Kingswood we try to encourage all families entitled to Free School Meals to take up their entitlement. This is for three reasons:
- If a student is entitled, it is clearly in the family's interest. Free School Meals are worth £2.30 per day, or £437 per child per year.
- We operate a cashless catering system that enables children to have their account credited without any other student knowing.
- As a school we are concerned that all children who are entitled to Free School Meals should be receiving them.
If you receive any of the following benefits then your child will be entitled:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit - Income Dependant
If a child resides in a local authority care home they will not qualify for free school meals. This is because the government funding has already been allocated to fund their meals.
A child must reside with the applicant to receive free school meals.
With effect from 1 June 2016, the Free School Meals Service will be provided by Learning, Skills and Education. Please note that there are some changes to the way Free School Meals are now processed.
From 30 June 2016 parents/carers will no longer be able to apply for Free School Meals via the following routes - text or paper. Free School Meals will only accept online applications.
NCC Information Sheet:
To view the website for Free School Meals please follow the link below:
If you have a query regarding Free School Meals, please call Northamptonshire County Council's Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 1000.